Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Honey Badger



This video documentary on the honey badger ranks up there with the all time best! I came across this on the Sportsman Living website, www.sportsmanliving.com and couldn't resist throwing it up on the blog.


It's amazing what a twist in commentary can do to a show typically reserved for little more than soothing background noise while prepping that Sunday afternoon nap on the couch. More people need to think outside the box when presenting educational material like this. Although I've always been a fan of National Geographic and Discovery Channel, these shows are missing out on engaging a large portion of the population due to the dull approach in which they present the material. Usually it's some douche with a British accent talking in a whisper like he's right there with the creature. A video in this format captures the educational components in a compelling manner that will certainly be recalled by viewers. So much so that you will never forget what a honey badger is for the rest of your life after watching this video! 

National Geographic - mission accomplished!


7 comments:

  1. Juanmor, you never cease to amaze me with your resources in how you find such good material, from Utah St v Portland St betting lines to now my middle son Walker's favorite animal video. Now I know why the Wisconsin Badger's aren't the Wisconsin Honey Badgers, cause they can't handle the fury and the Big Ten sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I hope you're putting the audio on mute for Walker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The honey badger reminds me of some drunk dudes I used to hang out with in college. Late in the evening these guys would demonstrate the same kind of bravado that H.B. did going after that cobra. Often times I found myself just as terrified as I was when I watched that portion of this video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the wife just had me watch this Charlie Sheen interview.... My only response is, "Well... He's just got a little honey badger complex!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ - hope you're not referring to me! I conducted myself much more like the chameleon then the HB in social settings! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LB - definitely not referring to you specifically. However you ran in the same circles with some of the guys I'm talking about.

    Charlie Sheen has us all figured out, by the way. His publicist should be the wealthiest man on his payroll. WINNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, do you think the honey badger cares?

    ReplyDelete