Thursday, March 3, 2011

Drumroll Please

First off - I just deleted like half of this original post - which really got me fired up! So this new version is a bit revised and more to the point....

Fact is, I've decided to create a TOP 5GH (Greatest Hits) List. Don't roll your eyes just yet! I'm not talking the Casey Casum or Ryan Seacrest version of ranking todays pop rock. I mean who cares about those copyright infringing turds that feed off the classic compositions that previous generations crafted. That's a whole other conversation that we can discuss next week... Perhaps entitled - "What happens to cute kids when they reach stardom?"

What we're discussing here is a dignified, thought provoking and "bringing the heat" style of TOP 5 List.

See, rather then utilize the standard hallmark classics and paint "Stairway to Heaven" or maybe "The Day the Music Died" as the anointed - I'm bringing a new twist - and for the sake of conservativancy (new word I just created) take this review to the next level.

How about a Top 5 List where we focus on not only the classic hits, but also a "Where Are They Now" segment? Ahhh, you say!!!

Friend - put the charcoal back in the bag because we're about to be cooking with gas!

To be perfectly honest, I had little trouble conjuring up the first classic that falls in at #5. Fact is though - I've got little time to conduct the necessary research as we move forward in assessing the leading entertainment professionals (thanks to my blessed day job). That said, I would love to get suggestions that will inevitably get my wheels spinning! I'm definitely up for receiving recommendations and all such will be diligently considered with my suspiciously influential consultation team (my 4 kids).

So starting at #5 we've got a Y2K Classic! It takes me back to the days in Dunwoody, Georgia where I ever so eloquently captured the heart of my beautiful wife! I have no doubt without the help of one Sisqo - I would not be where I am today....  How's that for deep!!!!

So without further adieu, please:
1. watch the video
2. go grab the lady in your life and
3. get your groove on!






OK, so the later two of the three didn't work out for me personally... But, hopefully it did for you... Whatever... The fact is - this song will forever hold a place in my heart and is certainly worthy of being placed in my (now) well documented Top 5GE (Greatest Ever) List.

The "Where Are They Now" portion is left for communal contribution.

1 comment:

  1. Believe Sisqo was last seen in the most recent season of Big Brother, which I do not watch but found some entertaining video highlights of. He looks exactly the same - apparently silver hair is his trademark.

    ReplyDelete